9 Ways to Fall Back in Love with Your House
February is the month of love — what better way to love your home than now! Here are 9 tips to help you fall back in love with your house:
- Upgrade. Make one upgrade to whatever room is bothering you. Instead of replacing your kitchen cabinets, upgrade the hardware or paint the cabinets.
- Freshen it up. If your bedroom or bathroom is dull and boring, add new sheets or towels to freshen it up. Adding bright colors can give your old space new life! You can even start small with fresh flowers.
- Pillows. Our friends at HGTV believe you can change the feel of the entire room with new textiles. Add new pillows to your sofa. Buy a new throw blanket for your chair.
- Windows. If your room feels boring, look at your window. Your windows are the (natural) source of light for each room. Do your window treatments accent the light or effect the light? Soft curtain panels can cozy up a space.
- Paint. Add some color to create definition and interest.
- Lighting. Try changing your light fixture before you change the whole room.
- Accessorize. Little things do add up! Go the extra mile and accessorize your rooms. Buy the matching soap dish, hand towel, toothbrush holder, etc. Decorate your nightstand.
- Flooring. If you have hardwood floors, re-stain it to give it some sparkle. If your flooring is dull, try painting it to bring it back to life.
- Get rid of the junk. Whatever’s laying around needs to go. Clothing you don’t wear — donate it. Blankets, old bedding sheets, towels — donate. Whatever you don’t need should be donated or tossed.
Inspired by our friends at HGTV.